Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Sensibly Talking Endlessly"



Just re-wrote a long book review from scratch (pretty much at the request of the PopMatters book editor). Not so fun, but I think I had some good ideas. Hopefully it’ll go through this time. I’m happy to see that they’ve got standards, anyway.

Watching the Magic game. We’re up by ten with five left in the half, though you can never tell with the dreaded GameCast. I find it difficult to understand why basketball hasn’t taken more of a hold here in the UK. It has almost everywhere else (probably not the Middle East, though). It’s fast-paced, driven by individual heroics as much as team discipline and coordination, and the games are like a capitalist’s wet-dream (beers, hotdogs, t-shirts, hats, beers). It’s beyond me why it hasn’t caught on…Oh no, our lead is cut to four with four still on the clock. Oh, now we’re up five. See what I mean? Best sport ever. Rock on Jim Naismith, great job.

Will update when the game’s over. Shit, we’re only up by three.

No comments:

Post a Comment