Friday, November 16, 2007

Caricatures by Dan Hay





Last summer I was lucky enough to basically stumble into a job drawing caricatures of tourists at Sea World Orlando. While I was there I basically sat out under an umbrella drawing passable sketches and sometimes earning a nice healthy commission for myself. On slow days I got to shoot the breeze with some really awesome artists who really know what they're doing and have real gifts for likeness and exaggeration.

I'll post some cool links to their blogs in the coming weeks, but I'd like to start with one of my favorite's. Dan Hay's been doing caricatures for a few years and he's pretty great at it. The above sketch was done by him of someone in the park. You can check out more of his work at his blog:

Blubberlubber

He updates it pretty regularly, so keep checking back.

1 comment: